Elizabeth Tenety, Washington Post, Sep.8, www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/under-god/post/what-have-we-learned-about-religion-post-911/2011/09/08/gIQALgZPCK_blog.html
As the tenth anniversary of the Sept. 11th attacks approached, On Faith reached out to some of the world’s most influential religious leaders and thinkers to ask about faith in a post-attack world.
On Faith asks:
What have we learned about religion in the past 10 years? What was the spiritual impact of 9/11?
Below are excerpts from our expert roundtable. Click through to read the individual essays. (Other contributions can be accessed via the Washington Post article here)
- Rick Warren: The Bible says, ‘Fear not’
- Dalai Lama: Yearning for co-existence
- Tony Blair: Remaking the world after 9/11
- Joel Osteen: God strengthens us in hard times
- Sam Harris: 9/11 demands intellectual honesty
- Desmond Tutu: Our post-9/11 failures
- Thomas Monson: Rebuilding our souls
- Daniel Dennett: Confirming our fears
- T.D. Jakes: Spirituality after the attack
- Feisal Abdul Rauf: Radical Islam on its way out